Risk assessment and mapping for an infrastructure developer in Central Africa
Case study Business intelligence
- Our client had a major infrastructure project in Central Africa. The client’s project had stalled, pending administrative approvals, without further explanation from the government.
- The client commissioned Concerto to provide an independent and detailed assessment of the political and stakeholder environment in the relevant jurisdictions. The client also wanted to gain insights on reputational and political risks associated with the first phases of the project’s life cycle, particularly the forthcoming early works phase.
- Concerto sent an experienced analyst on the ground to engage with our source network around the dynamics relevant to our client.
- We subsequently developed a comprehensive market assessment, reviewed key political and reputational risks, mapped out prominent government stakeholders, highlighting key short-term priorities and assessing their attitude and influence towards the project.
- Concerto was able to provide our client with a better understanding of the external risk environment and outlook around the company’s business, mapping out key power brokers and active forces against the client’s interests.
- Supported by a communications and engagement strategy delivered by Concerto, our client was able to engage with the right government stakeholders, resume operations and ensure the project would remain on schedule.
Discover our case studies.
Showcase the expertise of an international supplier of ICT services
Increase the visibility and raise the profile of a pan-African institution
Support the creation of a new political party
Promote the image of a Central American country