Supporting government relations for a global player in the extractives industry in the Sahel
Case study Business intelligence
- Our client was a global extractives company operating in the Sahel, facing a range of political, operational and reputational risks to its interests in the country, resulting from deteriorating relations with the government and a poor public image.
- Prior to the country’s general elections, the client approached Concerto to identify and assess key risks to their business to inform the design and the delivery of a stakeholder engagement plan and a communication strategy.
- Concerto deployed a project team in-country to conduct a perception audit, an analysis of the media landscape and an assessment of key political, reputational and regulatory risks faced by the client.
- The team used the results of the study to design communication and engagement strategies.
- Throughout the mandate, our consultants travelled on a regular basis on the ground developing extensive networks and knowledge of the operating environment and strengthening the client’s relation with strategic political offices and the media.
- Guided by detailed intelligence, the client took advantage of the general election to reset its relations with the government and the media and launch a public relations campaign.
- We organised interviews, delivered intelligence reports and wrote articles published in local media.
- We remain engaged with our client, helping them to manage their risk and reputational exposure, as well as supporting their local business unit to develop its capacity and understanding of communications and engagement priorities.
Discover our case studies.
Showcase the expertise of an international supplier of ICT services
Increase the visibility and raise the profile of a pan-African institution
Support the creation of a new political party
Promote the image of a Central American country